Saturday 7 August 2010

Circular No 457


Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. 
Caracas, 7 de August 2010 No.457
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends, 
This Circular has sad news; it is about the passing away of Renwick Villafana.
But, before, a couple of lines from Krishna Toolsie, that have been misplaced in the filing system.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
RE: Welcome, Krishna
krishna toolsie
Friday, May 9, 2008 11:11:36 AM
Gentlemen: WoW..
I am impressed by the expeditious response from Glen and Nigel.  
I attended the Abbey from 1972 to 1974 before leaving T'dad with my parents at the end of the 3rd Form for the United States
My classmates included:
Stuart Petit,
Elias Blajic,
"Boogie" Robertson,
Nathaniel Sampath (Glen's Class),
Donald Commissiong?
Guinness,
Antonio Zanella?
Hunter,
John and Robert Fay,
Tim Lambkin,
Gerard Khan?
Rangel (remember wild man Tim Healy's fight with karate expert Rangel @ the Pool...a classic moment) 
Jimmy Samaroo?
Tardieu,
Chandra Teelucksingh?
Ramkeesoon,
Gangaram Rampersad,
Juman brothers,
and other that will remember. 
As I jar the recesses of my memory I will send more names later...
I do see or talk to Zephryn during visits to Trinidad but am in contact with no one else.  
I saw Ing Shing at JFK during his layover to Canada, and I know that Feisal and Anthony Khan resided in the Toronto area during the late 1970s and 1980.  
Should you visit the US, do give me a holler; and if you get to San Diego, I would love to have an old boy stay with us...
Glen I fondly recall the many jam sessions led by you and Hudson and other stuff in the band room. 
Cheers,
Krishna 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Re. Circular No. 41, The Abbey School MSB‏
From: krishna toolsie (krishnatoolsie@hotmail.com)
Sent: Sat 5/10/08 12:59 AM 
Ladislao: 
Thank you for the update and your tremendous effort in keeping the Mount alive in all of the "old boys." 
I have made contact with Glen McCoy and Nigel Boos and am now connected to many more...regards,
Krishna Toolsie    1972-1974 
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From:  Glen Mckoy (mckoy43glen@hotmail.com)
Sent: Fri 5/09/08 8:55 AM
 Hello Krishna
How are you ? 
Good to hear from you man, I am putting you in contact with Nigel Boos, he has a list of all the boys and emails etc. also I am cc.
Ladislao also, so you could get the circular, also Winston Ramsahai is in charge of Trinidad group, he will have to inform you of the gatherings.  
Thank You for contacting me again, will pass you emails to some of the guys
Best Regards and take care, lots to catch up with, 
Glen McKoy. 
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Jerry
Krishna Toolsie here...
I am so pleased to have happened upon this site and be able to see photos of Glen and other old boys.  
I am somewhere in Glen's posting of the Basanta Spanish Class.
I was in a class below Glen's with fellows such as Zephryn Robinson, Feisal Khan, Moses Oderson...
I will return often to this site with the hope that more former Abbey mates will join and post pictures to trigger the many good memories of the Mount.  
I noted on another site that there are annual gatherings in T'dad. 
Details would be appreciated.  
I see that Glen is in Halifax and Hudson too...
I am in San Diego California and am always happy to host visitors to the left coast of the USa.   
Warmest regards
Krishna Jerry Toolsie 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------,
Nigel P. Boos
Friday, May 9, 2008 7:27:49 AM 
Hey, Glen.
Boy, you should be in bed! Sending out emails at 4.54 a.m. !!
What's going on, man?
I have problems sleeping too, and it ain't nice.
Talk to me. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Hello, Krishna.
Thanks for getting in touch with us, and welcome to the group of Old Boys of MSB. The effort to reunite us via email was begun by Ladislao Kertesz in Venezuela about 5-6 years ago, and he's done a magnificent job.
I'm just trying to help him by developing a registry of Old Boys. 
You've already added to our stock of info about MSB by calling names we'd never recorded previously - Oderson, Feisal Khan...
Obviously, there must be others who we know nothing about, from your era.
If so, perhaps you'd like to drop me a line and let me know who your classmates were.
I'd also like to know the years during which you were students at the Abbey School, and as well, the email addresses for as many as we can find. 
I'm attaching below, for your benefit, the database of Old Boys, to help you to see what we have so far on your era, which isn't much.
Ignore the yellowed cells.
They're simply there to indicate new info that has come to us since the last mail out. 
We're very happy to have you in contact.
We're using this database merely as a way to find out where our friends from MSB are today, and to help us to reconnect with them.
Hopefully, you'll find the experience a good one.
Welcome on board.
Hold on tight.
Nigel 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
31 July 2010
From: salvador coscarart   
Hola ladislao
Como estas. Espero que todos chevere por Venezuela.
aquí te informo sobre el fallecimiento de uno de los abbey boys de mi época Renny Villafana ,
que falleció y aquí esta la información,
bueno un abrazo.
salvador 
How are you. I hope that all chevere in Venezuela.
Here I inform to you on the one death into the abbey boys of my time Renny Villafana,
Who passed away and this here the information,  
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:06:12 -0700
My brothers of MSB,
I wish to advise all that our brother, Renny Villafanna, passed away yesterday.
We got an e mail from his son and Keith Allen (Puggy) called and spoke to his wife, who confirmed that Renny had a massive Heart Attack and passed away.
Many of you on my list will remember him as a gentleman.
He was always cool and played almost every sport at MSB.
He excelled in football as a link and was tireless, very organised and cool under pressure.
He also played cricket for MSB and all the other sports for his house "St Francis".
This I remember clearly as I was in St Lawrence and in House competitions we always had to deal with Renny.
May he rest in peace and our condolences to the family.
Ian 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Nigel P. Boos  
Thank you, Glen, for alerting me to Renny's passing away.
And thank you, Giancarlo, for letting us know of your sad news.
I did not have the pleasure, myself, of knowing your father, but as a member of our Old Boys Association of Mt. St. Benedict, I would like to extend my sincere sympathy to you and your family over this great loss. 
As Christians, we believe in life everlasting, and therefore, we believe that Renny has gone on to this eternal life, with God.
He will be missed, of course, but perhaps it will comfort you to know that he has fulfilled his purpose on earth and that his Creator has now called him home.
May he rest in peace.
Nigel P. Boos 
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:52:39 -0430 
Dear Giancarlo,
I went to school with your father, the same grade until Form V, 1972.
Good memories from young Villafana I still have from him, at The Abbey School.
May he rest in peace, and for you and all your family my best regards,
Alfredo Montiel Bezara
MSB 1972
CaracasVenezuela
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Nigel, 
Thank you for this email, Renny was a friend we were in parrot troop,
some of the guys are taking it hard, as many did see Renny once in awhile, as he was always at reunions,
Neil just got back from Trinidad and is so upset, he did not call him this time, but said any time he called Renny, he would always return his call.
Have a peaceful day, regards Glen.  
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:18 AM 
Hello, 
My name is Giancarlo Villafana. My father is Renny Villafana.
I have some bad news for you.
My father Renny passed away this morning.
If you get this e-mail, please contact us at 868-373-5214 or 868 628 2729.
Thanks.
Giancarlo. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
My dear Giancarlo,
On behalf of all the Abbey School Mt. St. Benedict boys, I would like to extend our sincere sympathy to you and your family. 
I must thank you for sharing this news with us, I was in boys scouts with your father, he was always a proud young man, never got into trouble, studied hard, and showed leadership at all times.
He was also a good friend with the Venezuelan boys of the time, always extended his hospitality, and parents home on the long weekends. 
I can still remember, one of the first garage parties I went to, Renny had it.  
Renny also played almost every sport on the mount, and was quite competitive and excelled in all, I think after the mount, he also played rugby.  
I am so sorry to read this news, we will pray for your father, our dear brother Renny.
May God Bless and protect you and your family, and give you the strength and courage that your father showed us all, he will always be remembered by his brothers from the Mount.  
It’s a very sad day for our Club.
I know that many of his classmates in Trinidad will be making contact with you soon.
Take care, Giancarlo, my regards to all his family, should you want to talk in time, please feel free to call me any time.  
Glen McKoy, 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Renny Villafana
12 Aug 2010 
Hello Everyone!
My father was sooooooo thin back then hehehe, ai dios....
Please find a recent pic of my dad [and mom] enclosed. 
Send if you find more. I am making a scrap book of pictures with him in it.
With much gusto,
Giancarlo.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Now to the photos, please remember that when you send photos use 500kb file size.
 Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
06WK0017GLA, George Laquis and UNKNOWN
09LK1761VEHICLE, Christopher Knowles and vehicle used during my visit to TT, courtesy of Toddy Ramsahai
09LK0084EDIMSB, Building where the PAX honey and sweet drink was made.
00RV0001RVIWFE, Renwick Renny Villafana




No comments:

Post a Comment