Saturday 28 August 2010

Circular No 460



Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. 
Caracas, 28 de August 2010 No.460
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends, 
This one I am going to start with Glen and Cornel, both in house philosophers to end the month in a good shape
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Salah Wilson
Hi Ladislao,
I thought I had sent the link for my steelband 's winning performance in Toronto 2010....the following is the link 
Looking at the photo of you and David Basanta just tells me that the next time I am back home in St. John's village that I ought to pay him a visit.
(note editor: nobody has visited him since he retired from the Abbey School, another first for your editor)
Apart from giving me a ride up on the Mount many a morning he had been my Spanish teacher and of course a neighbor in the village.
You both look well
God Bless
Salah 
(PS. Remember that it is Basanta Drive and a blue house after the first turn, lots of dogs, ed.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
RE: There comes a point in your life when you realize....
From: Glen Mckoy   
Cornel,  
Thank you for being so Grand, at this point I have no words, and can only share tears of Joy, as we continue our journey of knowledge and wisdom, from our castle in the sky, we march along, all Knights on this, road of Light,
Glen.  
--------------------------------------------------------..
From: Cornel de Freitas   
To Glen (McKoy),
And to all of my "Old Boy" Mount St. Benedict 'Brothers';
I reached out to you, Glen, and in your own 'Magical way' you reached out, and the response was very special.
Too many to name. 
To all of you, your outreach of 'Love' is overwhelming, and I am grateful for all of your prayers, they are your blessings to me.
May or Loving Father in Heaven bless all of you and your loved ones.
As I sit here, my eyes welling with tears, it is a wonderful feeling to realize how much "We" all care for each other.
It took a few minutes to compose myself and to find the words to respond to you all.
I thank you all from the deepest recesses in my heart for your overwhelming response of Love and Kindness.
It is indeed hard to find the correct words, to actually put them in a chain to form the sentence to best express how it truly feels, when you realize what a great feeling it is, when others express their love.
Thank you all for your prayers and not hesitating to express your love.
Jesus was always teaching us to Love one another. 
You are all fulfilling what He has taught us.
We will soon celebrate His birthday again, (My most favourite time of the year - and not for presents...),
But more for the "Peace on Earth and Good will toward men"; "Love of neighbour".
I reached out to you, and in your own 'magical way' you also reached out and responded,
In truth, your out-reach of 'Love' is overwhelming.
I believe that there are a lot of us suffering quietly; there is no need for any of us to suffer like that. 
It doesn't nor should it matter what the source of the pain is. 
Whether it be emotional, marital, physical, or even a fear.
Share it at give us a chance to do our share, and to lift you up out of it, to lift you up the the Lord.
I truly wish that all those of us that are suffering quietly, would reach out and give us a chance to show that we all care about 'you'.
Last Sunday, my parish priest, Father Horacio (He is from Colombia, and a missionary from all over the world, and is now been given the task to sheppard this parish)
His homily was about the story of the blind man, that believed in Jesus and called out to Him even though others were trying to silence him, Jesus saw his Faith.
We all see through our physical eyes and see things that we could help change, we all have our moral eyes and what our heart tells us, and in this way our conscience speaks to us to have the courage to do the right thing, and we also have our Spiritual eyes, our eyes of Faith, to have Faith in our GOD.
My Brothers in Christ, I pray for you all, even the ones I don't know by name.
I see us all as brothers that were privileged to be guided by GOD to the same Castle on the Hill we all know as Mount St. Benedict, to grow up together.  
As the little boys came to The Abbey school as little brothers and as we all grew to be older boys sharing our lives together.
There is a bond, a golden thread that weaves through all of us, bringing us all together in many special ways.
Never lose Faith, we were all blessed in a special way.
To all the 'CheChes' (you were in my class Echeverria) and all the 'Carlos Dvoraks', and all of the 'Coscarats Salvador', who each express themselves in their own choice of 'Beautiful' words, GOD bless all of you in a very special way.
... and thanks for allowing me to 'Babble' as I tend to at times...! 
I Love You All
Cornel .... 
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:51:31 +0000 
Thank you Ambassador Salvador, A Knight to remember, you have already touched Cornel, before this news came about, your endless support in so many ways, thank you for your prays, my brother, classmate and friend,  
 4yrs.4ever, long live the Dream.
Glen 
--------------------------------------------------------------.
TO MY ALL MY ABBEY BROTHERS.
WHEN IN NEED OF PRAYERS, YOU ARE ALWAYS IN MINE, GOD BLESS YOU ALL .
CORNEL IT IWAS A GREAT PLEASURE TO MEET YOU ON THE REUNION IN AJAX.
WILL STILL BE IN TOUCH.
GIVE MY REGARDS TO YOUR SON MIKE .
TAKE CARE.
SALVADOR. 
------------------------------------------------------------.
Thank you Carlos, thank you for the blessing, I do treasure the special friendship we all share, by blessing me you have blessed yourself,
 Glen. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: carlos_dvorak@aincosa.com 
Thank you all.
Glen God bless you…. I have always enjoyed your messages…. This is a very wonderfull one…..
I am proud to have friends like you all.
CARLOS DVORAK 
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Glen Mckoy   
Thank you Cheche, Trevor and Stu for your emails regarding our brother Cornel, reading that the prays has started, may the sun shine upon you, from today on, as the healing begins.  
All for one, and one for all, long live the mount, Best regards
Glen. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:03:47 -0400
Thank you Glen ... my bro !!! ... wonderful message ... and SO TRUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... SOOO POSITIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHECHE  
-----------------------------------------------------------------.
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Glen Mckoy <mckoy43glen@hotmail.com> wrote:
My dear brother Cornel,  
You always bring such wonderful words to the club, you are always caring for your brothers with words of kindness, to brothers you really don't even know.
I have read many times, when you reach out and touch your brothers, well we are reaching out and touching you now, we pray, your pain is little, we pray that this is not the worst and a recovery in on the way, that whatever treatment is done works, and my brother,
I have seen many brothers over the past few years having some serious medical problems, and they are still here, I feel helpless and can only extend my love and prays, if there is any way we can be of service, please lets us know, and we are here at all times, a phone call away. 
Hold on my brother, we will let our lord know you need a helping hand now, keep the faith, we are all here, right now right here with you.
I pray that you start feeling better today,  
Best regards,  
Glen McKoy.    
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz
15 Mar 2010 
Dear Cornel, Terrence
Good for writing about the meeting.
None of the others did as yet and I presume that they are not going to write either.
But I need to get the contents of the little box, photographed item by item.
Also scan the documents.
The general photos of the items make my mouth droll, but they are not good for the general archive.
Especially the scout badges, only Jan has sent a couple of photos but the rest of the KING or QUEEN Scouts just do not remember anything and have nothing to show.
Not even memories of the Camps or others.
Finally I get to see Egan, after 49 years.
He sat next to me during the last year at the study hall at the back row left.
He is on the list since 2002 but is not inclined to write, I am glad he is well and has a beautiful wife, please tell him.
I can only ask you to be an intermediate for this job, as you are closer than I.
Also remember that if you get an interesting email, please FW it to me if you believe that it can forward the cause.
This is the "material" I talked about.
Ladislao 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Michael A. Stein
18:47 (14 minutes ago)  
Father Augustine because of his class discipline that had all paying attention and learning.
Michael A. Stein
Corporate Vice President
Baptist Health South Florida-International Division
tel: 786-596-2426
cell: 786-417-9101 
-----Original Message-----
From: Ladislao Kertesz [
mailto:kertesz11@gmail.com]
Sent: Sun 8/29/2010 1:40 PM 
Dear Michael
Please help out with one of the adventures at the Mount for the Circular.
Maybe you can tell me about the best teacher you had and why??
Thank you for the info.
God Bless
LAdislao 
------------------------------------------------------------
On 22 August 2010 19:51,
Michael A. Stein <MSTein@baptisthealth.net> wrote: 
Wanted you to know.
Recently I saw David Bratt upon my visit to TT to visit St. Clair Hospital
Michael A. Stein 
------------------------------------------------------------------.
Now to the photos. 
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
06WK0016WKE, Roland Charles and Winston Kerry
65UN0001CLASS67, Class 1967 with names by Raphael How Chung.
10LK2932FAUFCU,  Fr. Augustine and Fr. Cuthbert with the Editor.
Anouncement Baptist, Paul Stein




No comments:

Post a Comment