Saturday 30 October 2010

Circular No 469






Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. 
Caracas, 30 of October 2010 No.469
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends, 
http://sn125w.snt125.mail.live.com/mail/clear.gifAnother of the short films taken by Kazim Abasali, please go to his WEB page for the The Abbey School Alumni.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sad news on Michael Chow
From: Nigel P. Boos  
Laz,
Perhaps you've already heard, but in case you have not, I have been informed that Michael Chow (Class of 1971) has died today.
It is very difficult to see our Old Boys slowly leaving us, but we rely on our Christian hope for a life eternal in the presence of Almighty God, where (1 Cor 2:9) "as it is written, Eye has not seen, nor has ear heard nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him’ .
Let us hope and pray that our friend, Michael, will soon enter into the glory which Our Lord has promised to those who love him.
Nigel  
--------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2010-09-28, at 6:12 PM, Nigel P. Boos wrote: 
Neil,
I'm very sorry to hear the news about Michael, and I pray that he will be in no pain in his last moments.
If he is a Catholic, please remember to ask a priest or deacon to administer the Sacrament of the Sick.
Nigel P. Boos 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2010-09-28, at 5:50 PM, Glen Mckoy wrote: 
Neil,
I am so sorry to hear this, however, I understand the situation, well you should keep Ladislao and Nigel informed, so the boys from his time if you know names, we can contact, when the time comes.  
I hope you are o.k, ??
best regards, Glen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:32:51 -0400 
Glen,  
Chow is going down fast, any day soon he will pass, can’t eat or even talk. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: kazim abasali  
Hi Abbey Brothers,
Yes, indeed we are having a period of mourning for our group.
Recently it was Renwick, and then Kitty and now Michael.
Only a few days ago, Neil Charles and I had a very long, long telephone conversation about our Mount brothers, memories of school days and he did share with me that Michael was down and was not communicating as much.
Sincerest condolences to his family and our thoughts and prayers are also with them and our group as well.
Let our love for one another lift us and continue to keep us together.
Blessings to all.....Kazim 
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:16:19 +0000 
Thank you Salah, I will pass on to Neil, you guys were on the same team, it don`t get any closer than that,
Take care my brother,
Best regards
Glen. 
-------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:02:07 -0400
My sincere condolences to Michael Chow's relatives and friends.
I also received an update from Poggy.
I remember Michael as a good Soccer player.
I was also a part of that team that Poggy mentioned.
We all came from the creator and we all have to return......
We remember the memories of our good friends who have gone on before us.
Regards to all
Salah 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Dear Poggy,
Thank you for getting the news to us,
Neil did contact us a few days ago and prepared us for this moment.
This has been a difficult year for us, as another brother departs.
May God bless his soul; our prayers are with all his family.
I will inform as many as I can, when arrangements are made please inform Ladislao and Nigel, to share with all.
Best regards
Glen McKoy. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:16:58 -0400 
Hi Glen
Sorry to be the bearer of sad news but another one of the boys have passed
Michael was a border who attended Abbey in the early '70s a nice guy played football as a defensive midfielder on the squad with Nevil Tennia, Garth Alexander, Phillip Jordan and others
Was very good at Maths and Physics, after school he married Neil Charles's sister but they separated after a while.
He owned and operated a bakery in Sangre Grande his hometown
We haven't received any funeral arrangements as yet but will inform as I receive info there should be a lot f guys who follow your web site who might know him so please inform
BLESSINGS POGS 
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
I am including these few emails, just to let you know that there are ALUMNI who like to debate on the matter of religion, some are moderate, thank God. 
5/03/10
http://sn125w.snt125.mail.live.com/mail/clear.gifNigel,
I mean over time, when the church said that the earth was flat, is that Christ, when the church said  that women must be burnt to death, because they did something that made them a witch, when many priest who abuse boys, for years upon years and never see a day in jail, is this Christ,
This is what I mean, manmade laws, custom made for themselves, once upon a time even popes had wives and children and then the laws were changed.
this is what I mean, I read my bible and I see where many great men of God went wrong and follow false Gods also, no where have I ever read Christ saying take another man life in his name, yet our church have killed millions in his name. 
I will stay close to his teachings, he spread his religion, who is spreading it now, we cannot even get young men to become priest, why is this when people still believe in Christ,
South America has the most Catholics in the world, why?
Even Christ questioned his religion as a Jew, was he not right to question the way man was changing God laws in his times, and all the wrong that was being committed in his father's house, the religion of David and Solomon,
Was Christ not following the word of God, he too was judged for his views, for criticizing the holy men of his day, about the religion he was born into, for this he was crucified.  
We as Catholics should be multiplying how come we are becoming less and less every day, as a group, this church started on the best teaching, now it is crumbling from within. 
Not the followers who are breaking this church, but the administration within,
Nigel, I live in a place where many boys were abused, take Newfoundland for example, the people say they still believe in their God, but will never go back in these building where 1,000's of boys have been abused for too long, not one priest went to jail,
This is where I am coming from, are these people wrong, they still follow Christ teachings, but I guess they are wrong, just like I am, Nigel I have many friends that were abused, by these holy men of not my God, or my Christ, they must worship something else.
I am sorry I really don't like to talk about religion, for its a never ending subject, but please don't judge me harsh, I live in a world, here in Nova Scotia with so many empty catholic churches, my friends said  use to be good to go to church once, until the dirt started to come out. 
I mean thousands that have been abused, and I am still a Catholic.
Anyhow, I do hope you understand my point of view, just a little, I am not right, but do question the organization of our day.
Thank you for your email on this, you made a very good point, according to your email, I would say I am wrong, if we went to the word of the letter. 
Well I am wrong if this is the word. 
You are correct in the true form of devotion.
Best Regards, Glen... 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: DALAI LAMA ON YOUR RELIGION
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 00:06:49 -0400 
Glen,
Please allow me to comment on a statement which you have made in your last email to Che Che. 
You say: I am a catholic from a baby, but I have grown beyond that as a catholic, I don't follow all institutional laws made by men, but stay close to the teachings of Christ himself" 
Now, my understanding is this: 
1. Christ established a Church, and gave authority to Peter (Matt 16:18) to bind and to loose (Matt 16:19) “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." 
2. Christ ALSO said, "The person who listens to you listens to me, and the person who rejects you rejects me. The person who rejects me rejects the one who sent me." (Luk 10:16) 
I conclude from this that by the AUTHORITY given to him, Peter (and his successors) have the power and the right to speak in God's name and to make laws. Anyone refusing to follow these laws, or who therefore rejects them, basically, rejects Christ. 
I cannot understand, therefore, what you mean when you say that you "stay close" to the teachings of Christ himself. Either you accept the laws instituted by his Church (you call them 'institutional laws made by men') or you reject them. If you reject them, then, according to Jesus Christ, you reject him.  
Is that how you see things? 
Nigel P. Boos 
(The extremes in religion are not good, either orthodox or atheist, most people are in the middle, we are not made of the same mould, ed.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
5/02/10
Glen mckoy
mckoy43glen@hotmail.com 
Che Che,
I also agree with you, you know here where I live, every Buddhist have a trust fund, and most are from California, 80% are very rich, so I do know more than you may think of this religion,
I am a catholic from a baby, but I have grown beyond that as a catholic,
I don't follow all institutional laws made by men, but stay close to the teachings of Christ himself, and of course I listen to others who have positive messages, for the betterment of humanity as a whole, they too have a voice, as they search for the Light.
Che Che, we are not a church, we are a Club from a Catholic school, don't you think almost 95% of this club, feels exactly like you, but we don't have to reaffirm who we are, we are Knights,
Che Che, we fellow in the footsteps of a Monk, who followed in the footsteps of Christ, as you should know, every single original Knight walked upon that summit they called, "White Stones",  
the first thing they did was to kneel, bow their heads and pray in a circle, as they made you a Knight, all Knights were boarders, but not all boarders were Knights of "White Stones", and only a few from Days, I speak only as a Knight and represent only the Knights of "White Stones", who walks amongst you, at all reunions' and gatherings, the difference from a Knight of "White Stones", and the Knights of the Abbey School, is a Knight of "White Stones", is an inner guard of the realm, and has pledged to serve and protect, in honour and loyalty for the rest of their lives, this Club, The Alumni, The Circular, The List of Great Minds, from any harm, from outside or within, these Knights of White Stones, are defenders of their Faith. 
Che Che, I hope this will help you understand, I will get a speech from some of the Knights, but that’s o.k., only a few small secrets did I reveal, we are so secret and so quiet for so many decades, even up to now many mount boys, do not even know that there was always a Club, since 1944. 
I hope you will never ever have to ask that question again, the Faith of this Club you belong to.
Yours faithfully, until the end.
God Bless you my friend,
Best regards Glen McKoy.   
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 21:56:33 -0400
Subject: Re: FW: DALAI LAMA ON YOUR RELIGION
I agree ... HOWEVER ... what is transmitted in the message is wrongly interpreted ... The Lama DOES BELIEVE IN RELIGIONS .. read His Words !!! ... let us NOT fool ourselves ...   
As far as I am concerned, my dear .. dear ... brothers .. I AM A CATHOLIC ...and so far ... in 62 years of existence .. I have not found ONE SINGLE REASON to stop from being just that ...  
A CATHOLIC !!! 
I thank GOD for that !!! ... and that is my respectful testimony for all of you from the bottom of my heart ...  
Rafael .... CheChe ... 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Now to the photos. 
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
57UN0001GOSF,down hill path from the school
10LK3405EDIMSB, Who remembers where this marble sculpture was located in our time?
10LK3407TRANSPORT, van used to take the yoghurt to the shops
55CJ0001CLASS1957, I have made a change in the date that the photo was taken.




No comments:

Post a Comment