Saturday 16 January 2010

Circular No 428




Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. 
Caracas, 16 January 2010 No.428
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends, 
Trying to catch up, from a computer failure, hope that you do not mind??
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Right True You.
09 11 21
From: Glen Mckoy  
Manuel, 
I am glad you only felt like crying, and you did not cry. 
A tear or two is o.k., but Cornel went overboard, I think he cried for half of us. 
Now we must remember, we are Knights, chin up, stand straight and be brave. 
Looking for Smiles, no more tears, the next guy ah hear, trying to cry, might get a long distance slap, ha!ha!jaja
Good to read of your positive memories, of your times in Trinidad.
Yes, those were the days, as friendships were made, on an island in the sun. 
Manuel, why did you wait so long, to give us these wise words, I do hope you write something, for the Circular, another voice, in the 100's, many we still wait to hear from, am cc. Ladislao, on this.
As that "Divine Light" continues to shine, not one of us will be able to hide, it will shine right thru us all, every single one.
Oh Humble Knight standing in the Light,
Thank You for blessing us, my brother Manuel , as you have already been blessed.
I remain, yours faithfully, forever a Knight, 
Glen McKoy. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:44:45 +0000 
Glen:
Felt like crying after reading your comments.
Yes indeed, we are a privileged group of men who in one way or the other, no matter the distance nor the time, the race or political beliefs, are closely bound with a profound sense of honour, duty, the best effort, goodwill, kindness and an unlimited faith in all that God represents for humanity.
I love Trinidad dearly, its people, its food, music, the monks, my brothers like the Tangs, Laquis, you, and so many others that in one way or another allowed us to be the persons we are now.
Thanks Glen.
God bless.
Manuel 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:28:25 +0000 
Manuel, (A Humble Knight).
Yes I am still a scout, on this site be prepared for anything. 
I like what you have to say, "As we get closer to the Divine Light" you are starting to sound like Trevor, Cornel, Art, Nigel, George, Coscarart, Glen, and so many more, you know what?
We are not a church; however we do have a holy ground, our "Castle in the Sky with great respect,
I don't know how it works man, this invisible light we keep, but when we pray as a group, as I have seen so far, all our prays are answered, except for one, and I think that will be answered in time.  
Manuel, you write 3 lines, and express so much,
You Silent Knights, that listen and pray for us, I call you guys the Invisible Ones', you guys never make any noise, (not like me, Mr. big mouth), I realised, how precious all of our members are, and everyone is so unique, with so much good knowledge and wisdom to share, what a wonderful thing, for all of us, to be back on the Trail, not astray anymore, and getting closer to the divine light.  
Thank you, for your gut feelings on matters, of concern. 
Its always a pure joy, to read such words.
Our Legacy, Our Club, Long Live The "Mount". 
May God Bless you my brother, for bringing your wisdom to the table, your good words will travel, to everyone in the Club today.
You made my day.
Best regards,
Glen McKoy.  / proud member of Parrot Troop (1967-1972)/  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:30:57 +0000 
Glen:
As we get older we get closer to the divine light.
We become wiser and perhaps we may think it’s a bit late to acquire wisdom.
It isn't so.
We were not asleep, we just went astray.
At least I think that’s my case, but thank God we get back on the trail.
And Mount’s legacy makes us more aware and if you were a Scout, even more so.
Manuel  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:57:33 +0000 
Manuel, 
Thanks for the reply, its always good to hear your voice.
As time goes on, things seem to be getting worst, or are we just getting older and more aware of the world around us.
The awakening, was it always like this?? Were we asleep??
Are we just getting up, surprise, its right here, and its right now..  
Later...Glen. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Use of the Abbey School Name
From: Nigel P. Boos  
Good point, Trev.
I think that your letter should best be sent to the Management Committee of the ASAA, for their response.
I too have enquired about the Abbot's refusal to permit us to use the name of the Abbey School.
This is what I last heard: 
----------------------------------------------.
October 18, 2009 
Don,
Being the 'Legal Mind' that you are, is there any possible way (as an Old Boy) that you can give advice or, propose some means for Abbot John to manoeuvre, navigate or circumvent around this magnanimous challenge that rides with such devastation upon their Spiritual shoulders.
I would like to hope that from all of us who roamed through the portals of this fabulous institution and blessed threshold of Spiritual development, can in some tangible way, and rally forth with some unified, productive options for His Lordship to consider.
I appeal to all the young/old boys, now mature, wise and willing adults to get together and, not just think about it, but do it.
As ever, with love and caring,
Art     
========-----------------------------------------------------------===
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:49:45 -0400
Hi Nigel,
I hesitate to respond as I probably know less than any of the other correspondents.
The story I heard a couple of years ago at the first reunion in Trinidad was that the son of a cook at the Abbey School had taken possession of the New Refectory and had evicted the Monks.
He claimed squatter’s rights.
The Abbey did nothing to evict him.
They may, I gather, have now lost their right to do so.
He uses the building for his various businesses under the name of the Abbey School.
Something like that.
Nothing to do with us.
Don 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
From: "Nigel Boos" <nigelboos@yahoo.ca 
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 6:52 PM 
Dennis,
The May 22, 2009 letter from Abbot Pereira to you states, "I do not approve of the use of the name 'Abbey School' as part of the name for the proposed non-profit organisation.
I have taken this decision based on recent unfortunate circumstances in which the name(s) of the Abbey had been used with detrimental consequences.
This is quite shocking, indeed, and I would be very interested to know whether our Old Boys Association or any Old Boys in particular were responsible for this apparent abuse.
Would you be able to enlighten me on this matter?
Does it require an apology to the Abbot for whatever was done?
Are we going to leave the matter unanswered? Is some restitution required or expected?
Surely, we can't leave this matter hanging out there unfinished!
I would appreciate some sort of response, if this is possible, please.
Thank you.
Nigel Boos 
====================--------------------------------------.
On 2009-11-03, at 2:14 PM, tevelyn wrote: 
Nigel,
Every now and again I notice the subject of the Abbot of MSB stating something about the use of the NAME MSB. 
Can some body tell me what this is all about I spent 5 years of my growing up years at the Mount and as such I have the right to use MSB when ever I choose to do so
We are not using it for the sale of DRUGS or any thing else for that matter other than what is good and Holy. 
Can you give me some information as you see it? 
Perhaps I should write the man and let him know that we were there perhaps before he was born
Did he use a pick axe to enlarge the playing field, or carry pails of water and sand up WHITE STONES to put out the fire that could have caused much damage Father ILDEFONSE and the Scout troops did.
I do not have the RIGHT?
Who is he to have replaced the likes of ADELBERT VAN DUIN first ABBOT of MSB whom he could never equal.
Regards
Trev
1945 to 1949 
Some of my best years?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From:   WAYNE HENDERSON  
Hi Nigel,
Been out of town for awhile.
I have posted a check for $100.00 towards the cause to you.
Don't think “Brother Vincent " will remember me, he was my Hero whilst I was at the Abbey.
Give him my regards if you speak or see him.
All the Best,
Wayne 
Wayne Henderson
InterEnergy Services Inc.
Mobile: 281 744 8430 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Re: Dalmatic Fund Project - A Reminder 
Hi Nigel,
It will be a little difficult to send a cheque from Australia from here and the cost of an international bank cheque is wasted.
So I will mail you a USD $20.00 for the fund and hope it arrives safely.
Will send today and it should be with you within a fortnight latest, so please let me know when it does arrive.
Many thanks for your continued interest in MSB.
Not always an easy task and this goes for Ladislao too.
Cheers Tim. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
RE: a January 2010 get together sounds fine
From: Glen Mckoy  
Hi Joe, 
Man its so good you saved me on this one, sometimes I do get into trouble for the emails, but I say, just block me if its a problem. 
Well Joe, I think you made three people happy today, Attila, Jan, and me, I am just happy they not picking on me anymore ha! ha!  
Have a good one, so good to hear from you. 
Best regards to you and your family. 
Glen McKoy.    
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:14:46 -0800
Subject: a January 2010 get together sounds fine 
Dear Josh:
(you will always be good ol' Josh to me)
Thanks for responding. 
Certainly, a January 2010 get together sounds fine.   
As you know, we live less than 30 minutes away from each other.
You say when. 
I will be waiting for you to call, since I don't want to pressure you or anything.
Regards,
Attila Gyuris 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
From: JOESCHOE@aol.com JOESCHOE@aol.com
Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 2:57 PM 
Hi Guys,
Sorry for not responding sooner but we have been on vacation.
I have not received any direct emails from Jan or Attilla in the last few months.
I have been receiving and reading the general emails and newsletters and other stuff as time permitted - no problem there Glen - it is good to read about the various activities and news about all our brothers.
It was over a year ago since I spoke to Attilla on the phone - we have just been very busy with family activities, family business and our contracting company (which had its biggest year ever in 2008) – so I apologise for not communicating sooner - it has been crazy.
It is a small company and I wear many hats and it takes a lot of time.
I received a Christmas 2008 letter from Jan - it is still here on my desk - unanswered.
I think I told Jan in an email that we intended to go to Holland this year - that has not been possible - but I need to go since my god-mother/favorite aunt has been sick and getting up there in years and I need to visit her soon.
So I hope we will get a chance to visit in the near future.
Attilla - maybe we can get together in January of 2010 - the end of the year is usually a busy time for us - some of our customers shut down for the holidays and want us to work on their various projects -and of course there are the family holiday activities. 
Let me know.
Best regards,
Joe(Josh) Schoemaker MSB '63-'69
Villa Park, CA 92861
(714)306-6014 cell 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
In a message dated 11/5/2009 2:28:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, mckoy43glen@hotmail.com writes: 
Hello Joe,
I got an email from Jan Koenraadt, he said he cannot get in contact with, he believes it s all the emails, you have been receiving for me, might be the problem. 
I am sorry your name is on a list I send stuff out on, he said it may a problem for you, Joe I am sorry if it has, please forgive me, I will take it off. 
Also please contact Jan or Attilla, they were trying to get a hold of you for some time now.
Best regards Glen. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Now, to the photos. 
Regards,
Ladislao Kertesz, kertesz11@yahoo.com 
So now you have all the exchanges and photos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09GI005DSCOUTSBADGE, Thanks to George
56KA0011EDIMSB, By Kenneth Austin.
58JG0001UNKNOWNS, Can you help??
65GM0001GMCGRP, Submitted by Glen McKoy





No comments:

Post a Comment