Saturday 4 December 2010

Circular No 474





Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 4 of December 2010 No.474
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends, 
Re: In Search of Jerry Campbell
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "chandrateelucksingh@hotmail.com"   
Hi Hudson,
I know a couple ATC's up at Piarco, so I'll enquire about Jerry.
I met Jerry some years after school and there was some mention of marine biology at that time.
As soon as I get something positive, I will be in touch.
Chandra 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Hudsonmckoy <hudsonmckoy@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 02:25:21 -0400 
Hi Guys,
Good to hear from Winston Ing Shing...we need to locate Jerry Campbell a.k.a. BBC...
can the T&T contingent try to talk to his wife or sister and find out what happened to him...
I believe he did an Air Traffic Controller course at Piarco;
his father also owned the tyre shop on Charlotte St. P.O.S. across from Dr Rat;
I believe he also went to Miami Sea Aquarium as a marine biologist but this is thru the grapevine...
tks...
Hudson... 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Sent: Tue, Oct 5, 2010 6:15 pm
Hey Guys
This is probably some sorta deja vu, the "finding" of Winston Ing Shing.
Recently, Sterling Hackett and I were chatting about our Mount classmates and Winston, your name came up as one we have not heard of or from since leaving school.
Keep in touch
Chandra Teelucksingh
My # is 868 680 6424. Sterling is 868 792 2281  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Hudsonmckoy <hudsonmckoy@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 20:44:04 -0400 
Hi Winston,
I haven't seen you since leaving school.
I heard you were living in Toronto.
Good to hear from you.
Send us some info.
Hudson McKoy.
H.818-308-6951  or C.818-355-7670
-----Original Message---------------------------------------------------------
From: Nigel P. Boos <nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca
Sent: Tue, Oct 5, 2010 2:02 am
Thank you so much for forwarding Winston's email to me, Krishna.
But at 2.14 am? 
Man, you should be in bed.
OK, I'll get in touch with him and take it from here.
Thanks again. 
========--------------------------------------===
Hello Winston,
Hey, it took you some time to find us, but I'm sure glad you did. 
Welcome!
Ladislao Kertesz (Class of 1960) of Venezuela is the brains behind this thing.
He had the bright idea, a few years ago, to try to contact all the Old Boys of MSB's Abbey School, and to open up a forum for discussion between ourselves.
That's all we're doing.
We've had a number of interesting events come out of this simple idea - Reunions here, Reunions there, a Visit of a Cadet Training Ship to T'dad, captained by another OB, Suppers, Visits from one OB to another, opening up of our lives to the world of OB's, Circulars (you've seen some), history discussions, etc., etc.
We'd sure like to know more about you, whenever you find the time.
One paragraph would probably do it, with, hopefully, a photograph of you with your family.
Tell us what you did after leaving MSB, where you live, what you're doing today, your family stuff, and whether or not you're in touch with any other OB's.
(I'm looking for their email addresses and telephone numbers, if you can share them.) 
BTW, Krishna says that you left MSB around '74 - '75.
I've copied this note to all of the OB's from that time whose email addresses I have. Perhaps you know these guys, perhaps not.
In any case, this is merely an attempt to get them to drop you a line to say "Howdy"
I look forward to hearing from you. 
Regards,
Nigel P. Boos 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2010-10-05, at 2:14 AM, krishna toolsie wrote: 
Nigel and Glen: 
Another prodigal mount boy is back in the fold..   
He left for Canada around 74 or 75.
Regards,
Krishna 
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 02:34:23 -0400
Hi Krishna,
To a big surprise, I found your name while goggling and has read quite a few of your circulars posted on the web.
Dated may 9, 2008 I see that you still remember me.
would like to get in touch if possible
Don’t know where you are now but with the internet, it’s not that far away.
Regards
Winston Ing Shing
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Re: In Search of Jerry Campbell
From: "chandrateelucksingh@hotmail.com" 
Hi Hudson,
I know a couple ATC's up at Piarco, so I'll enquire about Jerry.
I met Jerry some years after school and there was some mention of marine biology at that time.
As soon as I get something positive, I will be in touch.
Chandra 
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
laszlo kertesz
17 ene  
Dear David,
Sorry for not replying sooner but I must find space between work and the Circular.
I am placing you in the Circulars list for automatic sending.
Please could you send me a resume about 50 words and a photo for your friends ???
Do you have a phone number???
God bless
Ladislao 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
2009/8/16 David Johnson <davewendy@ozemail.com.au
I live in Perth went to Mount from 1953 to 1958
Presently retired
David 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
...12 oct 2010
From: Nigel P. Boos  
Thanks, Peter.
The reason for my question is this:
We have started an "Old Boys Association" of ex-students of the Abbey School, and my responsibility s merely to develop and maintain a database of info re. the guys who schooled at MSB.
Ladislao Kertesz in Venezuela is the coordinator and brains behind the whole project, which has been operating successfully for about 7 years now.
He sends out occasional Circulars, and is the fulcrum around whom the project turns.
I'm going to add your name to the dB, and undoubtedly, from time to time, you should hear from one or other of us.
There is no subscription or such like, but I would not object to having a paragraph about yourself, with, perhaps, a recent photograph for inclusion in my "Roll Call" PowerPoint presentation.
Nice hearing from you, Peter.
Hopefully, you'll enjoy reading about some of your old buddies from MSB.
Have a great day.
Nigel P. Boos 
P.S. LAZ - PLEASE ADD PETER'S NAME TO YOUR OB LIST
------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2010-10-12, at 6:14 AM, peter SHIELDS wrote: 
Hi Nigel,
I am so sorry. I was sure I had replied to your original MSB e mail.
Must be old age !
Anyway, I can confirm I was a dayboy at MSB for two years or so.
Exactly when is a bit of a guess.
We were back in the UK early 1959 so I would think it was 1957 to the start of 1959.
I know it is a bit vague but I can find no records.
I hope it is of some use to you.
I hope all is well you and yours.
Peter Shields 
----- Original Message ------------------------------------.
From: "Nigel P. Boos" <nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 7:24 PM 
Hello, Peter,
I hope this email finds you in good health.
Listen. I just want to ask you one question, please.
Were you a student at the Abbey School at any time at all?
If so, please let me know the year / years you spent at MSB.
Thanks, Peter.
Nigel P. Boos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 Attila GYURIS ...
Sunday, January 6, 2008 6:51:27 PM 
Andres: 
No, he didn't stay all the way to Form V.
He was at the Mount only for 2 years. I believe it was during 1965-1966 and 1966-1967 in Forms I and II.
Then he went back to study in Venezuela.
Never returned to the Abbey School.  
I later met up with him at the Universidad Simon Bolivar in Caracas during the 70's, where I was studying Chemical Engineering.
He was studying Electronics Engineering.
He graduated from the USB in 1975 or 1976, I believe. 
During those years, during the latter part of the 70's we were close friends and I taught him freefall skydiving and he made several freefall jumps with me as jumpmasterin Higuerote.
Later I sold him my old parachuting gear after I bought a new one. 
Attila Gyuris 
-----------------------------------
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:57:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:  "Attila GYURIS"
Laci:
Unfortunately I don't have a big version of that picture.
It was only a 64KB size photo that I got originally from Rommel Rosero.
Attila 
**************************************************************
Attila GYURIS wrote: 
Here is another captioned class picture I got from another old boy we just found,  Rommel Rosero.
I believe this is Form II class taken sometime in 1966, but I need verification of this.
I included most of the names that I remember, but I need help completing them.
Anybody?
Attila Gyuris 
-------------------------------------------------------------------.-
Now to the photos. 
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
55LK0001SCHOOLBADGE, Used on our blazers in 1955.
08NC0001REUNION, Reunion at Neil Charles House 2008.
64UN0057GUYANA, Fr. Cuthbert at the Docks.
65UN10011bb, Bunch of unknowns with Fr. Bernard.




1 comment:

  1. No 474. The top photograph is not of 1965, but of 1963 or 1964. I know because I was there. I am No 7 and Joe Azar is No 13. I could look up the others.

    Don

    ReplyDelete