Saturday 22 May 2010

Circular No 446


Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. 
Caracas, 22 May 2010 No.446
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends, 
Let us welcome a new old boy, this time from French Guyana.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Glen Mckoy (mckoy43glen@hotmail.com)
Sent: Mon 5/31/10 12:49 AM 
Hello Ladislao,  
Welcome back, hope all is well, this guy is Robert Prevot, from French Guyana,
He said he was the only french boy at that time, 
He contacted me on facebook and Nigel mentioned him in his roll call email, 
He is about 2 yrs older, than me, I think, he said he is a good friend of Garth Alexander,
Nigel may know more. 
This is his email address:- 
Hope this is of help,
Best regards
Glen.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 00:33:15 +0000 
Dear Glen,
Who is this guy???
Ladislao 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 21:24:54 +0000 
Hello Bob,  
You are in French Guyana,
I only went to cayenne on the boarder of Suriname with Tim Healy when a bunch of us visited Suriname
Good to make contact my brother,
I will send this to a few who may know you. 
Sorry for the delay, I am slow at time ha! ha!
Later Glen 
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Mon, January 25, 2010 11:32:43 PM 
Death of Theodore Guerra Jr.
From: Nigel P. Boos nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca 
Thank you for this notification, Joe.
May his soul find rest and peace.
Kindest regards.
Nigel  
-----------------------------------------------------------.
On 2010-01-25, at 9:15 PM, Joseph Berment-McDowald wrote: 
Dear Friends,
The death of Theodore Guerra Jr. was announced by the media today.
If I remember clearly, he was the one of the two Guerra boys called "Fenebo".
He arrived at the Abbey School around 1972. 
During his stay he was much disturbed and had difficulty in adjusting.
After school he had great difficulty and what appeared to be an off an on relationship with his dad.
I last saw him in 1995 when I was the manager at the ACE hardware store in Cocorite Trinidad.
He gave me a cell number which was soon out of order and never was able to keep touch as he had promised.
My heart goes out to this tormented soul whom some say took his own life.
I also feel for his father whom I suppose was equally tortured by their difficult relationship.
His dad (a former police man) became one of Trinidad and Tobago's leading criminal lawyers and is highly respected in his profession as a highly capable attorney at law.
If memory serves, he received the distinction of receiving silk.
It pains me that despite Theodore Srs., kindness and openness to me I had never felt that it was appropriate for me to intrude sufficiently enough to keep in touch with his son.
My pain and grief is for them both.
I believe that those of us whom knew the deceased at the Abbey School should make it our business to have a show of force at his funeral.
My several attempts to contact Mr. Guerra Sr. have been fruitless.
If any one can help me contact him please do.
Kindly pass this on to all whom are not on my list of contacts above.
Your Brother,
Joseph Berment-McDowald 
-----------------------------------------------------------------.
Sun, January 17, 2010 10:46:01 AM
RE: Roll Call 2009
From: Anthony Cintra   
Dear Ladislao,
Happy New Year
I am in receipt of the circulars and I am very grateful to you for sending them.
I have met Milliard" bullets' Howell several times while on the Judicial Bench in T&T.
Vernon "turf" de Lima has appeared in Court before me in a few matters.
I commend him for his honesty and integrity in and out of Court.
Vernon is a true friend. I keep in touch with him via the telephone.
Bullets has put on a bit of weight. I did challenge him to a 50 meter sprint, I think I can beat him because of his mid- age spread.
But, he asked for notice of two months to get his weight down and a bit of training. 
I did not follow upanother cut-@*@* from the bullet may be too much.
It seems as though I may have to do quite a bit of travelling this year.
Apart from the trips to Hamburg for Court Sessions, I have to be at the UN in New York in June and November. 
I have been invited to an International Conference in Beijing in May.
This will be interesting. I will have to visit the Olympic Stadium and fanaticize
Perhaps try out the track and purchase replicas of a gold medals, one for the Bullet one me and a silver for Vernon.
With kind regards,
Anthony 
----------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 06:52:27 -0800
Good to hear from you again, Anthony
I presume that you are getting the Circular, if not please give us a shout.
Hope that you have a wonderful new year and maybe we can meet, ????
How about BULLETS?? we still do not have contact with him, why???
Does he out run you??
God Bless
Ladislao 
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
Sent: Mon, December 28, 2009 11:24:04 AM 
Many thanks Nigel,
Seasons greetings to all.
On Boxing Day I visited the Abbey where I had a brief meeting with Fr. Cuthbert.
There are times when the full impact of reality "hits' you as it did as I walked around the old, yet familiar, paths.
There are just two monks who were there in my days.-
Fr. Cuthbert and Fr Augustine, who still looks like Richard Burton .
I said to myself with a smile Anthony you are "old".
Now there is another Justice Lucky in Trinidad, our second daughter Gillian.
So some lawyers, in my absence, refer to me as the old Justice Lucky.
I am still a judge of the International tribunal for the Law of the Sea.
The Headquarters and Court are in Hamburg
I pass through Amsterdam on the way to Hamburg to attend the Sessions.
Whenever we arrive there I reminisce and think of those who came to the Abbey from Holland.
I had been in contact with Fr. Paul and Fr. Francis before they passed on.
Fr. Ignatius is still alive.
We received a Christmas card from him last week.
With kind regards,
Anthony Lucky 
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Mon, March 22, 2010 1:42:49 AM
From: WILLIAM STONE wmtstone@shaw.ca 
Hello Ladislao,
Thank you for your email, let me say I enjoy the photos you send,
I did not attend mount school; I am a past student of St. Mary’s college.
I do know some of the people in some of the photos that you send,
I also know Nigel boos,
I worked at Neal and Massy in south Trinidad for 16 years before coming to British Columbia Canada, and have been here for 40 years.
If you like you can send me the photos.
Thanks again for all the interesting photos in the past.
Regards.......
Willie Stone 
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
Nathalie Sampson
Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:52:09 AM 
Dear Ladislao,
Thanks for your email of April 15.
I have forwarded your email to Gregor.
Also, for any information on Dominica these are the following websites: 
I will try to put together my happy and treasured memories of my years at the Mount.
That period was one of my happiest and memorable days where I became a much better student and keen sportsman. 
Some of my best friends to this day, at age 76, are the wonderful friends I made while attending the Mount. 
My only regret was that chemistry and physics were not taught at the time and my father always wanted me to become a chemical engineer.
I finally decided to follow my Dad’s wishes but must admit that these first two years were rough – especially chemistry. 
Regards and best wishes. (seems you can extract 50 words) 
Phillip 
-------------------------------------------------------------.
Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:22 AM
From: "Tony OBrien"  
I guess you are right.
The last time I saw Cornel it must have been 1965, so it was a big shock to see a photo of him.
You know.
Anthony Obrien
Bogota.Colombia.
Home 57-1-7573899
Cell. 57-3115531732 
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Laci Kertesz kertesz14@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:05:10 PM 
Maybe you should ask him, I prefer not to be the one !!!
Ladislao 
------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Tony OBrien tony9411@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 11:33 AM 
Do you have an email for Terrence.
And why did Cornel allow himself to became so over weight.
Tony OBrien 
-----------------------------------------------------------.
Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:31 AM
From: "Tony OBrien"  
I have no idea about blog or how to use blog or were to get blog, so thanks for the info.
Tony 
-------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Laci Kertesz kertesz14@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:04:11 PM 
Dear Tony,
Good to hear from you.
To give you a fast run down and that you may contact your friends fast.
Please look into Don Mitchell´s BLOG page,
There you will find a wealth of information as to oldboys that have communicated with me since I started the Circular.
At the end of the Circular you will find the address.
Please include me in the CC for communications with your friends so that I may publish the happy reencounters and that your maybe not well remembered friend might find you.
Send a photo or two for the files.
Glad you wrote to me.
I work in the lighting business, WWW.KAVIACION.COM is the page,
keep in contact
God Bless
Ladislao
Sunday, August 9, 2009 7:46 PM
From: "Tony OBrien"  
Ladislao,
Would like to contact some of the old boys, see how they are doing, were they live and how life in general has treated them.
I am Tony OBrien better known to the Mount boys as Inches.
That name given to me by Cheche and Peter Tang.
I now Live in Bogota Colombia with my wife and two boys who are all Colombians.
One in Studing Medicine in Bogota and the other finishing school in Canada.
Ever since leaving Mount I have been working in the oil Ind. Drilling and have been all over the world, 7 years in Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile, Brazil, Iran, Saudi, Far East, Mexico.
You name it I have probably worked there.
So if any of the old guys like Cornel, Terrence, Peter etc want to contact me please do.
We can chat.
Thanks.  INCHES
Anthony Obrien 
-----------------------------------------------------------------.
Now to the photos. 
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
62TF0002RACEGRP, Finish line.
10UN0001CIM, Colm Imbert.
68NB0002SCOUTBAND, marching to the “Back to jail we go” tune.
06WK0005JGOJDM, Jon Golding, Michael Howard and Jean de Meillac




No comments:

Post a Comment